1.0 > 1.1
- Switched license from Creative Commons to the GNU General Public License.
- Increased allowed size to 60*60.
- Removed backtracking - What's the point?
0.9 > 1.0
- Code improvements.
- Code is now viewable.
- Added some comments.
- Added shape selector and lots of shapes.
- Added option to view the solution and backtracking.
- Increased allowed size from 20*20 to 40*40.
- Removed rotating.
- First version. Will move to 1.0 when it's stable.
Infrequently Asked Questions
Why does the maze sometimes fail to generate an image?
To avoid a lot of processing on the server, the scripts time out after a few seconds. If the generating goes above that time, it automatically fails.
What is used to create the mazes?
Images are created using the GD Library. Maze layout is created using PHP. The form is created using HTML.
How can I create bigger mazes?
If you have a PHP enabled web server (like Apache) you can save the form and script to your computer, remove the restrictions and then generate any size mazes. If not, here's a large maze with a solution line and here's a large maze without a solution line. That should keep the kids quiet for a while!